Sunday, November 29, 2015

Social Sessions is LIVE

Here's that thing I made:

Get it on Google Play

I had to go out for a little while after publishing the game, so I held off on making any announcements to social media until I got back.

My plan now is to spread the word via:
- My own social media accounts
- Posts to Reddit, and things like that
- Messages to app reviewers to see if they'd like to give the game a try

The idea is to get it in front of as many people as possible (obviously). From what I've seen in user testing, over half of people who actually give the game a chance (as in, actually play it), find them selves sucked in and not wanting to put it down for at least 15 minutes on the first session. I know that the game isn't for everyone (for example, my wife won't play it because she hates puzzle games), so my goal is to cast the net as wide as possible.

I do wonder if publishing on Android and then iOS later will end up hurting me. My fear is that I make a big announcement to everyone I know, and the half that don't have an Android device hear me and are interested, but can't play it. Then, by the time I get it on iOS, they're not as excited about the idea because it's not new any more. I hope that's not the case.

Thanks for keeping up. If you're reading this, then the most important things you can do to help me is to give the game a try, leave me a rating, and share it with anyone you know that might like this kind of game.

No comments:

Post a Comment